We welcome participants to submit abstracts, of 1-2 pages, excluding references, covering any topic that could contribute to the discussion around care in the context of care robots. We welcome also ongoing work. Possible topics welcomed for this workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Theoretical approaches that help problematise care in care for older adults
- Empirical studies of the use of care robots
- Norm critical design approaches to care robots
- Technical solutions & designs for enhancing care of older adults
- Discussions of societal, political & ethical implications of care robots for older adults
- Engagement of key stakeholders and navigation of conflicting needs when implementing care robots
- How to go from a lab environment to studies in the wild to actual products considering e.g., social and technical failures, different stakeholders, nurse workload
All abstracts should be submitted using the IEEE two-column format, the same as the main conference (MS-Word or LaTeX) in a PDF-format to email@example.com until July 20, 2023. Submitted abstracts will be peer-reviewed by July 27, based on their originality, relevance, technical soundness, and clarity of presentation.
Abstract acceptance requires at least one author to register for and attend the workshop. Note that the standard registration deadline for the conference and workshop is the 28th of July, register here. Accepted authors will be asked to give a 10-minute presentation. The abstracts will be published on the workshop website.
- Deadline for Abstract Submission: July 20, 2023
- Abstract Acceptance Notification: July 27th, 2023
- Deadline for Camera Ready: August 19th, 2023
- Workshop Date: 28th, 2023
- Main Conference Date: August 29th – 31st, 2023